Please complete, sign and return the registration form below to the address given on the form:
The participation is free but registration is required as the number of places is limited to 50!
Terms and Conditions
for participating in the audio and/or video conference of the Beilstein-Institut zur Förderung der Chemischen Wissenschaften
- Every invitation by the Beilstein-Institut to an audio and/or video conference is a personal invitation. The access data sent to the Beilstein-Institut is personal and may not be passed on without consulting the Beilstein-Institut.
- By releasing a comment within and after the conferences or forums, you agree that your statements may be made available to other participants. All participants are responsible for the contributions they publish.
- Any form of discrimination or defamation of people or groups based on their origin, religious affiliation, nationality, physical condition, sexual identity, gender, income or age will not be accepted.
- Insulting, inciting, defamatory, pornographic, inflammatory, harmful to young people or even punishable statements will be deleted.
- In the case of links to external websites, we reserve the right to check linked content and, if necessary, to remove the URL or the entire comment in the event of violations of these conditions by the linked content.
- It is not permitted to record the conference or parts thereof. The unauthorized recording of non-public conversations is punishable by law.
- Discuss objectively. There is no place for unobjective and/or insulting comments. Refrain from provoking others personally and observe the rules of politeness, as in a direct conversation.
- Make sure that you have the rights to distribute the content you publish. Quotations must be correctly marked as such, even if they are very well known. Respect the copyright.
- Respect the personal rights of your fellow human beings and the right to your own image. Do not publish personal such as addresses or phone numbers. .
- In order not to exclude anybody, the prevailing conference language (English) should be used if possible.
- We look forward to your participation and wish you and us interesting contributions and an enriching exchange!
With your participation in our audio and video conferences, a large number of data processing operations are carried out and personal data are processed. We and our service providers only process the data that is necessary for the execution of the service. Furthermore, we have commissioned services that can guarantee a high level of data security. The collection and processing of your data is in accordance with the European Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
This means that your personal data is not only collected, used and stored by us, but also by the operators of the respective conference service. The individual data processing procedures and their scope differ depending on the operator of the respective service.
For example, we use the US-based provider LogMeIn for the video conference system GoToMeeting (LogMeIn Inc., 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA) and the forum and commentary function of the German provider Stackfield (Stackfield GmbH Sendlinger Straße 22, 80331 Munich).
For details on the collection and storage of your personal data, please refer to the data protection declarations of the respective service:
a) Stackfield, https://www.stackfield.com/de/privacy
b) LogMeIn - GoToMeeting https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/what-is-gdpr
2. Person responsible for data processing
Beilstein-Institut zur Förderung der Chemischen Wissenschaften
Trakehner Str. 7 – 9
60487 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
T +49 (0)69 71673 20
F +49 (0)69 71673 219
3. Contact details of the company data protection officers
You can contact the data protection officer of the Beilstein-Institut at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Personal data, purposes and legal basis of processing
We collect and use your personal data exclusively for the identification of your person, our correspondence with you and other conference topics, for statistical purposes, for the reporting about the conference on social media platforms and on our conference website as well as to inform you about current and subsequent related Beilstein symposia.
We are thus pursuing our foundation's purpose of promoting the chemical sciences and related fields.
Your data will be processed on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 letters b) and f) GDPR. Our service providers LogMeIn-GoToMeeting and Stackfield host the audio and video conferences and have concluded a data processing contract with us.
The Beilstein-Institut processes the following personal data when using the video service of LogMeIn-GoToMeeting:
- Name and e-mail address within an address list for the invitation to video conferences,
- type, date, start, duration and number of participants of the respective video conference for statistical purposes,
- your individual contributions in forum chats exclusively during the conference,
- in addition, LogMeIn-GoToMeeting, our video conferencing service provider, collects and stores other technically necessary data for service provision, such as IP addresses, the location (based on IP-based Geolocation), resolution of the webcam, operating system and software version of GoToMeeting as well as the type of connection (wireless/wired).
The Beilstein-Institut processes the following personal data when using the Stackfield platform service:
- name and e-mail address within an address list for the invitation to the forum,
- your individual correspondence in the forum, which will be available to all participants even a few weeks after the start of the forum, including the history.
5. Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties, with the exception of your name and your contributions and comments to other participants of this conference
6. Duration of storage of personal data
Our service providers store your personal data only as long as the purpose for which they were collected or the legal regulations require it.
- audio and video conferences are not recorded. Communication within the chat function of the video service is deleted when the conference ends.
- session data that include the name(s) of the participants, email addresses, the join and leave times are deleted latest 12 months after the meeting.
If you create an account within the forum and comment function, the data associated with it will only be deleted when you cancel the account. Comments remain visible after deletion of your account, but are displayed anonymously.
The communication between the participants will be deleted after 12 months at the latest. Your contact data (name, e-mail address) will be checked regularly and deleted at the latest 3 years after the last communication has ended.
7. Rights of data subjects
According to the EU data protection basic regulation you have the following rights:
- If your personal data are processed, you have the right to receive information about the data stored about you (Art. 15 GDPR).
- If incorrect personal data are processed, you have the right to have them corrected (Art. 16 GDPR).
- If the legal requirements are met, you can demand the deletion or restriction of the processing and object to the processing (Art. 17, 18 and 21 GDPR). Please note, however, that if you do not provide the required data, your application cannot be processed.
- should you exercise your above rights, the Beilstein-Institut will check whether the legal requirements for this are fulfilled.
- to exercise your rights, please contact our company data protection officer.
- if you have any complaints regarding data protection, you can contact the relevant supervisory authority:
The Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
65189 Wiesbaden, Germany
T: +49 (0)611 1408 0, F: +49 (0) 611 1408 611