With your online participation in our Beilstein Symposia, data processing operations are carried out and personal data are processed, that is necessary for the execution of the service. Furthermore, we have commissioned services that can guarantee a high level of data security. The collection and processing of your data is in accordance with the European Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
This means that your personal data is not only collected, used and stored by us, but also by the operator of the Beilstein Symposia LogMeIn (LogMeIn Inc., 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA).
For details on the collection and storage of your personal data, please refer to the data protection declarations of LogMeIn:
2. Person responsible for data processing
Beilstein-Institut zur Förderung der Chemischen Wissenschaften
Trakehner Str. 7 – 9
60487 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
T +49 (0)69 71673 – 20
F +49 (0)69 71673 -219
3. Contact details of the company data protection officers
You can contact the data protection officer of the Beilstein-Institut at:
4. Personal data, purposes and legal basis of processing
We collect and use your personal data exclusively for the identification of your person, our correspondence with you, for statistical purposes to inform you about current and subsequent related events of the Beilstein-Institut.
We are thus pursuing our foundation's purpose of promoting the chemical sciences and related fields.
Your data will be processed on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 letters b) and f) GDPR. Our service provider LogMeIn hosts the Beilstein Symposia and has concluded a data processing contract with us.
- The Beilstein-Institut processes the following personal data when using the video service of LogMeIn:
- Name and email address within an address list for the invitation to Beilstein Symposia,
- Type, date, start, duration and number of participants of the respective Beilstein Symposium for statistical purposes,
- In addition, LogMeIn collects and stores other technically necessary data for service provision, such as IP addresses, the location (based on IP-based geolocation), resolution of the webcam, operating system and software version as well as the type of connection (wireless/wired).